--On 17. August 2006 01:11:44 -0400 Tres Seaver <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

The appropriate thing here would be to remove the code which depends on
the GPL, and then ask the foundation's permission before readding it.
In the meanwhile, codespeak.net might provide a reasonable place from
which to continue development of said code.

That's extremly odd. Consider the following case: I am writing a ZPLed Zope product but include some migration shell scripts that call some common GPLed unix programs for a particular task...I wouldn't be allowed to checkin this software on svn.zope.org? The advice to move the code out of the repository is not really legitimate. Neither rules as given through the contributor agreement nor unspoken rules were violated. Once again: using GPLed software does not make your own ZPLed software automatically GPLed.

-aj