Martijn Faassen wrote:
Philipp von Weitershausen wrote:
Martijn Faassen wrote:
That doesn't mean we should postpone a final release over and over again, just because we don't have the resources. In fact, because we don't have the resources, we should release a final anyway and catch up with bugs in, well, bugfix releases :).

Yes, the whole idea is that we never will have enough resources, so we just make do with what we have. The other idea is that it's easier to garner resources when you actually have a release in sight. I *think* the latter has been working at least to some extent for Zope, but we risk losing our credibility if it doesn't actually result in a release. You get the "Oh well, I'll participate in the bug day next week." effect.

My sentiments exactly.

If we decide to stick with the November release, 3.4/2.11 will be very very unambitious. I don't think 2.11 is any different from 2.10, except that some BBB code is to be removed. That makes me wonder: perhaps we should set the next release date for 6 months from now (March), like Andreas suggested on [EMAIL PROTECTED]

I would be okay with this, with the condition that we shouldn't go into this kind of slippage again, otherwise we'll keep cycling through the year. I really think we should seriously consider trading off release perfectionism against releasing on time.

+1