On Sep 12, 2006, at 10:33 AM, Christian Theune wrote:
- I think we want a release manager.

You're a genius!  I'll just snap my fingers.

What happened after you snapped? :)

You became the release manager. Welcome aboard!

Does the application of irony indicate that we (I) should get over it
and ignore the problem (for now)?

No, only that talk is cheap. I apologize for the irony. This talk of "just release whatever we have on date X no matter what shape it's in and ignore all the other issues we have" puts me in a ornery mode, the best side of which is irony.

Do we want to find a way how to go
without a release manager?

No.

I don't like agreeing that there is an open
end and than just letting the discussion about it die somewhere. I just
wanted to be explicit.

I'm happy to discuss solutions. I've mentioned some ideas. I just can't accept a fixed release schedule that sacrifices quality.

- Make it easier (or make it better understood how) to make releases.

+1 MakingARelease spells it out pretty clearly.  There are a lot of
issues here that I don't want to bring into this thread.

New thread then?

Yeah, but not now.

Jim

Powered!
CTO                             (540) 361-1714
http://www.python.org