Philipp von Weitershausen wrote:
Shane Hathaway wrote:
However, I'm wondering what browser:page does to make something publishable, that browser:view doesn't do.

It creates a new class with an extra mix-in class that has a browserDefault method which in turn points to the template, method or __call__ attribute.

If you don't mind explaining, I'd like to understand why this design was chosen. Why does it create a new class instead of creating an instance of a class? It seems like it's using advanced Python (class generation) where ordinary Python (a class instance) will do just as well.

If I'm not missing something important, I may try to rewrite that code.

Shane