On Jan 24, 2007, at 5:37 PM, Chris Withers wrote:

Laurence Rowe wrote:
From the Interface.__call__ docstring: "If an object already implements the interface, then it will be returned"
queryAdapter is looking in the adapter registry.
You have not registered any adapters.
So this looks like the expected behaviour to me.

Documented maybe, expected no.

queryAdapter, for me, is "starting with the supplied object, get me something that implements the supplied interface and return None if no such object can be obtained".

If there's another function which does this, fine, if not, then I maintain the current behaviour is not correct...

Chris, documented behavior is not incorrect just because you expect otherwise.

Jim

Powered!
CTO                             (540) 361-1714
http://www.python.org