Chris Withers wrote:
Philipp von Weitershausen wrote:
Interesting. plone.portlets actually uses the Component Architecture and a persistent registry as the underlying "plugin system", it just provides a fancy UI on top of this to manipulate the registry.

Is this an adapter registry, a utility registry or both?
What about subscribers?

Does it still get the same performance optimisations as the global registries?

It's just the local component registry. I don't know if it's optimised or not, but I assume so.

As it happens we register adapters and utilities, but it could do subscribers (which are really just adapters anyway) as well.

Martin