On Apr 20, 2007, at 1:32 PM, Sidnei da Silva wrote:

P.S. Visibility of Zope 3 extensions would be increased greatly if we
could have an overview page per extension on zope.org somewhere. It
would of course include the canonical download link as well. I think we can accomplish this relatively quickly with a fairly low-tech project,
but we need a volunteer. Anyone?

Sort of like cheeseshop? BTW, why aren't the Zope packages on
cheeseshop to start with?

Many of the zope packages have been minimally eggified. I personally don't want to see packages appear in the cheeseshop until their meta data has been filled out and have documentation that either shows up in the cheeseshop or is linked from there.

I'm also finding it challenging to manage eggs in the cheeseshop. The cheeseshop makes it really hard to publish multiple versions and multiple versions need to be accessable to buildout so that versions can be frozen. I wish we had our own tool that we could link to from the cheesehop, but, of course, I don't have time to write it. I guess I should request cheeseshop enhancements.

Jim

Powered!
CTO                             (540) 361-1714
http://www.python.org