On Apr 24, 2007, at 10:25 AM, Martijn Faassen wrote:

Jim Fulton wrote:
On Apr 24, 2007, at 10:01 AM, Martijn Faassen wrote:
Hi there,

We currently have two eggs that contain Twisted, namely zc.twisted and zope.app.twisted. Maintaining even one Twisted egg is more than we want to do, but two is definitely excessive.

What about removing twisted from zope.app.twisted and relying on zc.twisted instead?
These aren't duplicates. They are completely different.
zc.twisted is a setuptools-compatible distribution of Twisted.
zope.app.twisted is the integration of Twisted with Zope.

zope.app.twisted does contain twisted itself *besides* that integration.

Eek. Sorry.  I didn't suspect that.

My proposal is to remove that version of twisted from that egg and have it depend on zc.twisted instead.

+1

Jim

Powered!
CTO                             (540) 361-1714
http://www.python.org