On 19 Jul 2007, at 20:12 , Jim Fulton wrote:

On Jul 19, 2007, at 1:09 PM, Philipp von Weitershausen wrote:

On 19 Jul 2007, at 00:43 , Jim Fulton wrote:
On Jul 18, 2007, at 5:24 PM, Philipp von Weitershausen wrote:

Up until now we've been a bit sloppy when it came to egg dependencies. Not specifying a version number or range basically means that the code in question assumes it will work with any future version of its dependency. Admittedly, setuptools doesn't exactly make it easy to say "I depend on ZODB 3.8.x". Jim has proposed to add a syntax to setuptools to support this nicely but it's not there yet. So I guess we'll have to wait for that.

Heads up: I've come to think that depending on major revisions/ series isn't going to work. I'll say more about that in a separate thread though.

Now you tell us :).

I just realized this over the weekend and even then wanted to discuss it with some folks.

Fair enough.

Should the next zope.testbrowser simply depend on any version of mechanize and ClientForm?

I hope so. :)

Ok. Adam, those seem like clear instructions :).