Jim Fulton wrote:
There's a "url" option to the setup function in setup scripts. I've used values like: 'http://svn.zope.org/myproject'. This was a mistake. setuptools will search this value and this is putting pointless and harmful pressure on the view cvs interface. We've configured apache to reject setuptools requests to viewcvs for now. Please don't use svn.zope.org in the URL option any more and change any packages you're responsible for to not use it.

If the package in question doesn't have its own "homepage", I suggest using its CheeseShop URL (http://cheeseshop.python.org/pypi/EGGNAME). If your package has a meaningful long_description (typically lifted from a README.txt file), the CheeseShop page can actually make a decent homepage for libraries.