Stephan Richter wrote:
On Monday 20 August 2007 09:45, Christian Zagrodnick wrote:
Should we fix that?

Yes, or just deprecate the menu stuff. ;-)

I take that smiley as an indicator that you were joking.

The default menu framework was insufficient in every real-world project I have worked on. Menu items based on the context just do not work.

This is again a recurring theme where a package defines an abstract concepts with an interface (named IBrowserMenu utilities) and also ships an implementation with it (context-sensitive menu items based on adapters).

You condemn that one implementation, but the whole point of the component architecture is that you can happily create your own IBrowserMenu implementation (which I trust you have). So no need to throw away that existing context-sensitive implementation.

Now, we might think about *separating* the two perhaps, in order to reduce dependencies (if you just want the IBrowserMenu concept, you might get away with less dependencies)...