Jim Fulton wrote:

 I'd really like to get to closure on the current approved release
 process. Philipp, would you mind separating the release process into
 a separate file?  Or do you mind if I do it?

 Some comments on the current draft at:

http://svn.zope.org/*checkout*/Sandbox/philikon/foundation/maintaining-software.txt

 WRT version numbers in setup.py.  I'm inclined to endorse Philipp's
 recommendation for now.  If there was a way to specify a version
 number on the command line (or in a buildout.cfg) when creating
 develop eggs, then I'd have a different position, but given current
 technology, I think Philipp's recommendation, as I understand it, is
 best.

+1

Regards,
Baiju M