Am 09.10.2007 um 08:43 schrieb Michael Howitz:

Am 27.09.2007 um 10:37 schrieb Michael Howitz:
After thinking it over we decided to implement the first approach (change z3c.form.validator.Data to read the value of a field missing in he form on the object).

We put our changes into the branch gocept-invariants.

The reasons to change our decision where the following:

- the second approach (using save-points) requires save-point support on the back-end and breaks without this support

- using save-points would require to change the structure of z3c.form: till now the complete validation is done by z3c.form.field.FieldWidgets, using save-points validation gets split up into validation of field contents in FieldWidgets and validation of the invariants. The validation of the invariants has to be implemented at least twice: in AddForm and EditForm because saving form values is done completely different in these classes. So someone creating a direct subclass of z3c.form.form.Form has to do things again or we need additional changes in the structure.

Any thoughts?

As no-one had any further thoughts, I'll merge the branch into the trunk within the next few days.

Done. Merged today.

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Michael Howitz

gocept gmbh & co. kg · forsterstrasse 29 · 06112 halle/saale
www.gocept.com · fon: +49 345 12298898 · fax: +49 345 12298891