On Sep 27, 2005, at 12:21 PM, Duncan McGreggor wrote:

On Sep 27, 2005, at 12:09 PM, Jean-Marc Orliaguet wrote:

http://svn.nuxeo.org/trac/pub/file/z3lab/cpsskins/branches/jmo- perspectives/browser/caching.py

On Sep 27, 2005, at 12:13 PM, Benji York wrote:

Chapter 35 of Stephan's book.

I couldn't find "traverse" in the index of Philipp's book, but I'm sure he covers it somewhere.

Also note that it might be better to create a content space image object instead and just keep a reference to it in your other content object, then you *could* use absolute URL.

You guys are awesome -- these were just the tips I needed to get past this block -- thanks for your help!

In addition to these fine suggestions, I'll add another. From Stephan Richter's code in the schoolbell repository:

  http://tinyurl.com/83bg8

There is a person content object that has a photo attached. To use it, I only needed to:

1) add some browser view code, and
2) add the zcml configuration for it.

The original part of my schema that I had posted was this:

class IPage(Interface):
    image_file = Bytes(
        title=u"Image",
        description=u"Upload an associated image here",
        required=False)

Then I added this browser view code:

from zope.app.file.image import Image

class ImageView(BrowserView):
    """View that returns a page image."""

    __used_for__ = IPage

    def __call__(self):
        data = self.context.image_file
        image = Image(data)
        if not image:
            raise NotFound(self.context, u'image_file', self.request)
self.request.response.setHeader('Content-Type', image.contentType)
        return data

The final step was the zcml:

  <browser:page
      name="image_file"
      for=".interfaces.IPage"
      class=".browser.ImageView"
      permission="zope.View"
      />

I was then able to create an instance of my content object (a Page, implementing IPage), and access the "attached" image via the url http://localhost/mypage.html/image_file

Thanks again for all the help, and I hope this is useful for others :-)