On Oct 19, 2005, at 12:35 PM, Michel Pelletier wrote:

Note that I would strongly suggest using a relationship framework for this sort of use case. A good API is provided by ``schooltool.relationship`` and is heavily used in the SchoolTool code, so you have many examples.

For a similar relationship library that uses a faster indexing method, and supports multiple relationship store backends (ZODB, sleepycat, SQLObject, redland, cwm, 4Thought), supports W3C standard relationship interchange formats (RDF/XML, N3), and comes with a standard SQL -like query language (Sparql), see http://rdflib.net. There is a Zope 3 product called Zemantic at codespeak which defines the necessary ZCML to register rdflib classes with Zope 3.

Michael, I've been dying to try this out, but I wanted to wait for z3.1 compat. I haven't seen anything on the maillist since July -- what's the status?

Very much looking forward to playing,