Perhaps this is an old topic, although I've done searches. I've seen the brief discussion about security proxies and the Decimal type on zope3-users, but (to zope3-dev) what about getting it added to the zope.schema as a first-class field type? So we can have auto-generated HTML forms and such?

Has anyone already done this, in some Zope3 branch or private development?

If not, is there any good reason it should not happen? Must Zope3 support Python versions prior to the introduction of the Decimal type?

I'm willing to tackle it and make a submission, otherwise.

-Jeff