On 01.05.2006, at 02:17, Martin Aspeli wrote:

On Mon, 01 May 2006 00:55:46 +0100, Stephan Richter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On Sunday 30 April 2006 19:34, Bernd Dorn wrote:
component.queryMultiAdapter((bar,baz), IFoo) is not None or False

Why not just:

component.queryMultiAdapter((bar,baz), IFoo, default=False)

Well, it seems that if I have:

class Foo(object):
    .    implements(IFoo)

context = Foo()
component.queryAdapter(foo, IFoo, default=None)
None

this looks for an adapter for all interfaces provided by foo to IFoo regardless if foo already implements IFoo.

what should it return instead? foo?

I assume it's the same with single adapters? As I said, I may well be doing something wrong, but that's what was happening to me (using Five, Zope 2.9.2). If it makes any difference, the interface in question (IFoo) was applied to the class Foo using <implements> in ZCML (legacy/backwards compatability issue).

hm, that's odd

is the interface provided by the object?

IFoo.providedBy(context)

if not, there may be an error in the zcml

Martin

--
"You can just adapt yourself out of it..." // Archipelago sprint 26/04/2006