----- Original Message ----- From: "Paul Winkler" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <zope3-users@zope.org>
Sent: Tuesday, February 06, 2007 1:54 PM
Subject: Re: [Zope3-Users] Will zope server crash when uploading huge filesinthe same time?

On Tue, Feb 06, 2007 at 01:29:36PM -0500, Jonathan wrote:
Thanks. I was just wondering if there was some mechanism whereby zope was
informed (by Apache acting as the reverse proxy) about a file 'as it was
uploading' as opposed to 'after upload was completed' - while this would be
a nice feature it didn't seem feasible under the current apache-zope
interaction process (or at least my understanding of it!).

Well, the HTTP headers should tell you the file size.

yes, but you don't get the HTTP headers (in a zope application) until after the file upload is completed. If you use Apache's LimitRequestBody directive you can limit file sizes uploaded by a user, but if the user exceeds this limit they get an apache error response (as opposed to something a little more user-friendly issued by the zope application).

I don't think there is a way around this, but it's not crucial so we can live with it!

Jonathan