Mark, Jonathan (Integic) wrote:
My interpretation of this statement is as follows. You can store
information in separate partitions of the ZODB, and ZEO will route
requests to the appropriate partition.

Correct, as Philipp described.

Is that true only for Zope 3, or is it true for Zope 2.1x as well?

It's been correct for everything from about Zope 2.0.something, and maybe even before that too ;-)

Would Zope applications need to be rewritten to support multiple
partitions? Or is it all transparent to the developer?

Totally transparent.

Has anyone actually ever tried that on a massive scale? What are the
largest and busiest functional partitioned ZODB instances in active use?

I routinely do this with storages that are several gigs in size. I've had recent reports of an active storage that's set up this way which is in excess of 200GB.

cheers,

Chris

           - http://www.simplistix.co.uk