Jeff Shell wrote:
Getting started as eggs is one thing. Moving code that is not in an
egg format is another, particularly in a system like CVS which is
brain dead about directories. But I think I just need to revisit the
CVS manual for this.

Normally little or nothing more than giving your code a setup.py is required to "eggify" it. You can use CVS checkouts to create develop eggs as a transitional step.

We're stuck with CVS for now, for better or worse. And my vague
understanding of development eggs (which is next to nil) is that
they're biased towards SVN.

Not that I'm aware of.  You should be able to use CVS just fine.
--
Benji York
Senior Software Engineer