Philipp von Weitershausen wrote:
Just to be clear: As far as I remember, nothing happens on catalog creation. Stuff happens on *index* creation. When you add an index to a catalog that is already aware of objects, it will make sure that the newly added catalog is up to date by forcing an indexing procedure. And yes, this will wake up all the objects in your catalog (which isn't a recursive process, nor does it mean "touch"ing in the sense of modification).

Unfortuantely, there isn't a way to prevent the execution of a selected event subscriber (which is probably what you want; you don't want to prevent the event as a whole).

I've had the need to do this when adding an index to an app with a large amount of content (30 gig or so), but unfortunately I don't remember how we did it. If no one pipes up soon I'll try to dig up the details.
--
Benji York
Senior Software Engineer