On Tue, 2008-01-22 at 18:16 +0100, Brian Sutherland wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 22, 2008 at 12:08:10PM -0500, Christopher Warner wrote:
> > > We do something similar but with our Zope2 instances. With Zope3 we
> > > don't have a ZODB and do all distribution using Debian packages.
> >
> > So how does this answer the question? He's talking about ZODB instances
> > themselves without having to use Postgres or any other data solution
> > other than the Data.fs itself.
> >
> > My recommendation is to either export all of the data that you want as
> > object and do a mass import. Or to simply copy around the Data.fs which
> > would probably not be the best solution but unless someone responds with
> > a better way :-); the only solution.
>
> Perhaps you could have 2 Data.fs in your instance mounted at different
> points. One for code and the other for data. Then you just copy the code
> Data.fs around and leave the data Data.fs in place.

Eventually you'd have to create data to test the code. I guess the real
issue is once you're complete with all of the code if you should begin a
move into production to input the data there. The only problem with this
is that doing so really defeats the purpose of production. I guess it
would make sense to have a "stage to production" sort of setup where
before you hit production you have it in staging for data entry. Then
from there push it into production.

Thanks,
Christopher Warner