Stephan Richter wrote:
On Sunday 06 July 2008, Martin Aspeli wrote:
I'm guessing z3c.form groups do that, of course, but it's not clear to
me whether it's appropriate to use them for this kind of thing,
especially since the logical groupings and field ordering will only be
calculable at runtime.

Groups were written to support your use case specifically. I think they even put fieldset tags around each group, but I would have to check the template.

Heh, indeed. Though now that I see it, I notice that it's using the non-existent <fieldgroup> tag, rather than <fieldset>. I realise it's mostly used in the test, but you may want to fix that. :-)

One other question: I want the Group's to be instantiated and populated at run time. That is, I don't want a class for each one, but rather I want to be able to distribute fields across groups via various adapters looked up by the form.

Is this sensible? Should I instantiate Group objects directly and set their fields etc? Or should I do something else?

Martin