Michel Houben wrote:

> >I am just beginning with Zope, so this is maybe a very stupid question;
> >How do I make a external method, I don't know what I must fill in, in two
> >fields "Python module file" and "Function Name", I hope you can solve this
> >problem for me.
>
> I thank you for your help,

First, make sure you have a subdirectory "Extensions" in your Zope
installation.
Here's the directory listing for mine. Make sure that "Extensions" is
there.

Extensions   access  lib    utilities   wo_pcgi.py   zpasswd.py
LICENSE.txt  doc     pcgi   var         wo_pcgi.pyc  zpasswd.pyc
README.txt   import  start  w_pcgi.py   z2.py
ZServer      inst    stop   w_pcgi.pyc  z2.pyc

Using a text editor, create a new file inside "Extensions" called
"D_date.py".
Put the code of the external method into D_date.py. Save it.

If you're on a unix system, make sure that you add the folder and add
the file as the appropriate user. This is often "nobody" or "zope".

>From your Zope management web pages, add an external method to the root
of your zope instance. Let's call it "D_date". (You can call it anything
you want, so long as it is a valid zope id.)

Fill in "D_date" (without the quotes) as both the python module name,
and the function name.

See also here:

  http://www.zope.org/Documentation/How-To/ExternalMethods

--