Exactly.
   My concern is to get the right kind of discussion going because it is going
   to need some differnt kinds of minds to work together.

This meshes with my thinking recently. I think many in the Zope
community are "early-adopters" kind of people -- willing to put up
with spending time to know the ins and outs of DTML or python
programmers who would do most in python. A python programmer or early
adopter does not a typical web design team make. Personally. I like the
notion of a DTML an that you can do a little business logic there if
you choose to. This issue with DTML in my mind is that its
syntax/semantics design throws people for loops that can waste their
time for sometimes days. Early adopters will go through this trial by
fire. I did and now on the other side I know the gotchas.  Early
adopters are a special breed of people that will give a new product a
ring of success but this pool saturates easily, leading a new company
to the chasm.

To cross the chasm, and reach a broader audience, this trial by fire
phase of becoming a productive Zope user has to be reduced -- in
addition to addressing other productivity parts of the bigger product
pie mentioned in prior messages.

If you are interested in understanding the business of Crossing the
Chasm, I would recommend a book by the same name.  I think the Zope
story is still unfolding on how an open source product will cross the
chasm.

Regards,
Albert Boulanger
[EMAIL PROTECTED]