Hello and thanks for your patience!

I am beginning to learn zope. I am going through the tutorials in "the book". I have run into a problem creating an external method.

I know I must be doing something stupid!

I have my addEntry.py saved in the Extension folder in the Zope folder as it installed it (i'm in win 2k). I have the dtml method to call addEntry.

When I try to add an external method id/function name/file name are all addEntry. (Supposedly to keep me from messing up...).

I get this error message-

"Zope has encountered an error while publishing this resource.

Error Type: SyntaxError

Error Value: invalid syntax
Troubleshooting Suggestions

The URL may be incorrect.
The parameters passed to this resource may be incorrect.
A resource that this resource relies on may be encountering an error.
For more detailed information about the error, please refer to the HTML source for this page.

If the error persists please contact the site maintainer. Thank you for your patience. "

There must be a simple solution. I have looked at the o'reilly book/on-line docs/how tos and I am still not seeing my error. Please feel free to e-mail me directly at [EMAIL PROTECTED].

I thought I had found a work around by installing python method – but I am not sure what I need to put in the parameter list…. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

=====
Kathy Hester

to feel powerful often
to act powerful sometimes