first of all, always install the latest versions of popy and zpopyda.
you can get them on our website, www.mixadlive.com. you don't need
to compile the .py files of the database adapter, zope takes care
of loading them through python that will compile them on the fly.

please, when a compilation fails, send use some more information,
at least the compiler error message and, if you can, installed
packages/programs, etc...

hope this helps,
federico

p.s. if you use the Debian distribution you can install popy and zpopyda
by simply invoking "apt-get install python-popy zope-popyda"

--
Federico Di Gregorio
MIXAD LIVE System Programmer                           [EMAIL PROTECTED]