Dieter Maurer wrote:
robert wrote at 2005-3-31 07:22 +0200:

Is my assumption that granting a permission to Anonymous means granting it to anybody correct?

Correct.

Actually, I don't think that is strictly true! And it reminds me of a period of confusion I went through a few months ago, when I was convinced that either I did not understand how roles were supposed to work or that there were bugs in the implementation. It turned out that I had cut and paste a folder with its own own View permissions into another folder with incompatible View permissions. I have forgotten the exact details but I think I had the Manager role in the outer folder but only the Authenticated role in the inner folder. I had totally forgotten that I had been fiddling with the View permissions days or weeks before. So for the original questioner: check that you have not shot yourself in the foot too!

Cliff