--On Sonntag, 24. April 2005 18:26 Uhr +0200 Max M <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Yes. I was thinking in the line of a monkeypatch of the sort method, that
could be used in eg. Plone.

It should be very possible for it to look up the charset under
properties, and decode strings from that before sorting.

That's implicit ugly magic. If you have to deal with unicode then do it
in the proper way -> use unicode strings and don't fiddle around with utf8 encoded
strings everywhere where you could and should using unicode strings. Believe me,
it will improve your application and your life :-)

-aj