--On Sonntag, 24. April 2005 21:31 Uhr +0200 Daniel Dekany <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Yeah, I tried to use that earlier, but as I said for many times here, it can't sort utf-8 encoded strings, despite that I have set the "global locale" to something.utf8, certainly because Python locale.strcoll can't.

If this method does not work as expected then this is likely a bug
or a problem of the underlying implementation in the C lib. locale.strcoll
is just a *thin* layer on top of the libc of your operating system. Means:
Python just passed the data to the libc strcoll() method and returns the result.
And again my hint: if you want to deal in a reasonable way with different charsets:
use unicode strings.

-aj