John Poltorak wrote:
On Tue, May 31, 2005 at 02:51:18PM -0500, J Cameron Cooper wrote:

John Poltorak wrote:

Well, it's really easy. Create 'linkList' (Python Script) in the folder where you page lives or somewhere higher in folder hierarchy:

## Script (Python) "linkList"
return [
 ('http://www.google.com/', 'Google'),
 ('http://www.yahoo.com/', 'Yahoo'),
]

If you page is DTML Method, you can do the same using <dtml-in> tag.

Thanks for the suggestion, but I really am a novice when it comes to all this and you are probably presuming more expertise than I have.

I created a Page Template exactly as you suggested. It's called test and is in the testsite folder - the contents are pasted from your example. The python script was pasted into a file object called linkList which has a Content Type of text/x-unknown-content-type.

Why did you put it in a File? Why not a "Script (Python)"?

I'm using a remote site and only have access via Zope's ZMI. Can I create a script through that?

Certainly. It's in the dropdown. In fact, that's why I used the silly canonical name "Script (Python)" rather than "Python script".

                --jcc
--
"Building Websites with Plone"
http://plonebook.packtpub.com/