John Poltorak wrote:
If I create individual pages for a website as sub folders of a sites main folder, how do I control the sequence of pages if I automatically generate a set of links to all the folders? I presume that under normal circumstances that sequence would be in alphabetical order of object ID.

The standard folder lists its contents in "unspecified" order. In practice, it's in order of creation (I think.)

You can get ordered folders, which support changing the order. In fact, one ships with Zope in recent versions. Look for "Folder (Ordered)".

What I did before ordered folders was to give each object a property (like 'sort_order') with an integer value designating it's place, and then sort the list on that property. Not terribly efficient, though using the catalog would help.

                --jcc
--
"Building Websites with Plone"
http://plonebook.packtpub.com/