David Pratt wrote:
> Hi Tim.  I think what Jens has to say is the best solution. I have also
> made my own thing with zope as well since I don't always have control
> of the firewall.

Yes, this is the problem I have.  I'm hosted on zettai, so am a little
limited in the options available to me (I believe).  Zettai have said they
will have a solution in place within 2-3 months, but I'd really like to
sort something out in the meantime.

>  I worked out a simple ip and country-ip solution. I
> made a simple interface for adding ips to a black list or selecting
> countries to add to black list. The logic makes a final connection to
> my main site template so ips in black list or ip turning out to be from
> a black listed country get nothing but an empty page (including an
> empty page header) while those that I want to view my site will get
> rendered pages.  I use a county-ip database that gets updated once per
> week (about 50,000 records) representing ranges from all countries.

Blimey, 50,000 records sounds pretty heavy (for my purposes)!  As far as I
can tell, there are two or three IP addresses producing all of these pesky
requests.  Do you have code that you can share?

Tim