Well, not exactly - just a way to separate access to data from everything else in the product.
Maybe a separate class that needs the connection as argument and that just returns the data I need in appropriate data structures by calling class methods.

class DataModel (object):

  def __init__ (self, conn):
    self.conn = conn
    self.sqlFetchSomething = SQL (.....)

  def fetchSomething (self):
    return self.sqlFetchSomething

This is really simple, but I think it gives the idea.
Obviously I'd like to perform various operation at the data level, for example return a list of lists for reportlab tables and so on.

TIA,
  ngw

Yahoo! Mail: gratis 1GB per i messaggi, antispam, antivirus, POP3