Oh, that's cool!  The naming "RPC" threw me off.  I knew that was there, but I guess my assumptions (I know , bad) were that it communicated over a different protocol, not using port 80.  But, I suppose, tcp over port 80, spewing out xml is good.  Probably just what I need.  I'll look into that and get a better understanding.  Thanks Chris.

Greg

On 10/8/05, Chris McDonough <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On Oct 8, 2005, at 6:54 AM, Greg Fischer wrote:

> I would love to have a product (called ZAjax :) that simply
> receives a request from the client and spits out xml.  To be more
> specific, a set of classes that call ZSQL methods and retrieve
> records, then send that back in xml format.

We've had this built in to Zope for a long time in the form of XML-
RPC.  There are several _javascript_ libraries that implement an XML-
RPC client, the best in my recollection being vcXMLRPC.

- C

--
Greg Fischer
1st Byte Solutions