S.Hayles wrote:

AFAICS the directives zserver-read-only-mode and read-only-database just set the environment value ZOPE_READ_ONLY and no change in ZOPE's operation results. Am I right? This is ZOPE 2.7.7

Not really sure what you're asking?
Did you try these and find they made no difference?

Yes, and I've looked at the code and can't see any way they can make a difference.

Well, the obviously make some difference, or you wouldn't get errors from Formulator ;-)

Wondered whether anyone else knew anything about these directives (old or future functionality?) and whether I was right in thinking they didn't do anything. If they really don't and are never intended to do anything, then they should at least have comments to that effect, and ideally be removed.

The best place to ask is [EMAIL PROTECTED]

cheers,

Chris

           - http://www.simplistix.co.uk