On 21 Oct 2005, at 20:50, Aaron Bauman wrote:

Hi,
We're running Zope 2.7.3, Plone 1.0.something
relatively large Data.fs ( > 300MB )
Decent amount of anonymous traffic,
But relatively low administrative use (1 - 2 users usually).

Could these factors be brining the machine down?
I've been getting intermittent 'corrupted data' messages for some time, but
only recently been experiencing serious downtime.
Is it time to seriously look at cleaning up the ZODB and upgrading?
Or is my web host just trying to sell me more hardware?

Not sure what you specifically mean by "crashing" and "bringing down", but Zope and/or Python simply aren't known for crashing the operating system. What exactly are the symptoms that you are seeing?

jens