Thanks for the info, that is some good advice.  I am currently deciding which platform to migrate to (Linux or OpenBSD).  Apple has let me down and I want to get off it as soon as possible.  When you find *BSD specific bugs, how long does it take for them to be fixed? Given that most developers are running Linux, I would expect some lag time between a major release and when it becomes stable on other platforms.  I would also expect the same problem with Products. Are there certain issues that persist on *BSD or does it just take a little longer for Zope/Plone to become stable on those platforms?  I will take a good look at ubuntu before deciding.  I am also considering KRUDserver.
http://www.tummy.com/Products/krudserver/