Hi, list,

I have a site running with Zope 2.7.6 under Linux. The site access a
PostgreSQL database through ZSQL and psycopg 1.1.18. Only read access
is used, nothing is written to the database.

The one thing that annoys me very much is, with time passing, Zope
will eventually hang and has to be restarted. When I use ps -Af to
view the data connection status, I discovered that whenever Zope
hangs, I can found all zope database connection in the status 'idle in
transaction', like below:

postgres 13605   799  0 16:22 ?        00:00:07 postgres: zopeapp
backupdb 127.0.0.1 idle in transaction
postgres 13611   799  0 16:22 ?        00:00:06 postgres: zopeapp
backupdb 127.0.0.1 idle in transaction
postgres 13614   799  0 16:22 ?        00:00:00 postgres: zopeapp
backupdb 127.0.0.1 idle in transaction
postgres 14078   799  0 16:26 ?        00:00:05 postgres: zopeapp
backupdb 127.0.0.1 idle in transaction

It seems zope is initiating some database transactions even though my
site only access the database for reading. And those transaction
somehow get into deadlock status and finally used up the maximun db
connection allowed for zope.

But why? How do I find out what zope is doing and why the connection
are locked up?

Any clue and direction pointing are heartily appreciated.

Regards,

--
Hong Yuan

大管家网上建材超市