Dieter Maurer wrote:

Pablo Ziliani wrote at 2005-11-18 20:37 -0300:
... using the same "session data container" by various "session data manager"s
However now my question is: can't this configuration lead to session collisions, given that now I have multiple BIMs/SDMs making writes to the same TrOC?
(...)
  Even a single browser id manager does not explicitely protect
  itself from handing out the same browser id twice.
  But the probability is very low indeed: the session
  id consists of a time stamp (second resolution, I think)
  and a 4 byte (pseudo) random number.
(...)
  *BUT* not sure whether the (pseudo) random number generator
  behaves well in the presence of multiple threads accessing
  it concurrently. It may well be that it delivers the same
  number for different threads accessing it concurrently
  which *MUCH* higher probability as one would expect...
(...)
Ok, this sounds fairly safe to me. Besides, my sites aren't that heavily loaded yet and I'm actually keeping the installation's default number of threads (4).
Again, thanks a lot, Dieter.

Pablo