On 28 Nov 2005, at 12:28, Gerhard Schmidt wrote:
I know there is a way to do just the same with mod_proxy, but mod_proxy does open new connection for every request while fastcgi uses the same connection for all requests. The is no problem on low load. But with growing load, this
can become a Problem.

Well, it's not "a way to do it", it's *the* way.

I highly doubt that your assertion about using more connections than just one is a problem, under any circumstance. All very large production sites that I ever dealt with use mod_rewrite/mod_proxy. It simply is not a problem. Or do you have proof?

jens