Chris McDonough wrote:

The symptom you're describing has happened to me in the past. Zope stops serving requests and my CPU is not pegged (it's not hitting the CPU hard via an infinept loop I've made). I usually end up tracking it down to the fact that my instance is somehow leaking database connections.

I thought Jim solved this for 2.8 by not having a hard limit on the connection pool? (iirc, you now get errors in the log when you go over the pool limit) This was 'cos you used to get the crappy situation running unit tests when lots of test fail that things hang and you get no feedback apart from 7 E's because the connection pool is exhausted.

That said, I don't know for sure that Jim _did_ end up implementing this, I might just be imagine it.

Jim?

cheers,

Chris

           - http://www.simplistix.co.uk