Lennart Regebro wrote:
Just a note: I don't think mixing in persistance is needed.

Hmm... how so? I've always thought it quite nice that when, for example, you store the modification time of an object in a DateTime, you can safely update it without worrying about the whole object having to be repickled when you change it...

CalZope
uses datetime objects straight off the rocks, (as attributes to
SimpleItems) and they persist just fine. :-)

Yes, they will, but that's not the point ;-)

There is no default timezone implementation, though. Zope3 has one I
think, so it could be used.

Yes, I'd verymuch like to see Zope 2 and 3 end up with the same datetime and timezone story, but one that does involve persistence...

cheers,

Chris

           - http://www.simplistix.co.uk