Paul Winkler wrote:
1) create a derived or wrapper class that inherits from
Acquisition.Implicit or Acquisition.Explicit.
This can either inherit from your existing class,
or wrap it, as you prefer.

You don't actually have to do this.

2) in the wrapper class, use ClassSecurityInfo() to declare the methods you need public or permission-protected,
or use allowAny().

You can apply these, and module security declarations, from any piece of trusted code, to any other piece of FS-based code.

You know, some days I wonder why it is that Zope is the
only framework around that needs to distinguish between "trusted" and "untrusted" code. Nobody else seems to be
looking at us with envy in this regard.

Well, while I'd like to agree with you, I like having semi-trusted code, but I think Zope 3 does a much better job of this...

cheers,

Chris

           - http://www.simplistix.co.uk