John Poltorak wrote:
Are you saying that Zope cannot be restarted through ZMI on Windows?

Who does that anyway?

Even on unix, I use zopectl restart,

That is the point - zopectl uses a socket - 'zdsock'.

Oh right, well, no, you don't have that kind of socket on WIndoze as far as I know :-S

Tres gave you some hints, in that basically you want to surface that ooption in zope.conf. Reading the code in the Zope.Startup package would be where I'd start, although I warn you it's a little contorted :-S

Well maybe you can explain what is the point of the '-s' flag or sample.conf.

Never seen either I'm afraid...

Is it meant to be helpful?

I'm sure whoever their authors were thought so, but most likely in a context different to yours...

cheers,

Chris

           - http://www.simplistix.co.uk