Francisco Chamorro wrote:
Hi everyone, I am trying to get a dump of all the content currently in our zope server. Using DTML I was able to get the top level folders to display their content but I am unable to recursively display the contents of the sub-folders.

This is the code I am using for my top level folders, where "TV" is the name of the folder I want to display.

<dtml-in "TV.objectValues()"><dtml-var id><br></dtml-in>

My second attempt at displaying sub-folder content was the following:

<dtml-in "TV.objectItems()">
    id: <dtml-var id>,<br>
    type: <dtml-var meta_type><br>
    <dtml-if "meta_type=='Folder'">
        <dtml-in expr="objectValues(<dtml-var id>)">
            id: <dtml-var id>,<br>
            type: <dtml-var meta_type><br>
        </dtml-in>
    </dtml-if>
</dtml-in>

But that also fails. I searched the documentation and found a post about recursively calling the same function but that did not work as I get a "excessive recursion" error. Any help on this problem would be greatly appreciated.

objectValues is acquired on all objects, even non-folderish ones. Thus recursion never stops. You must ask for it explicitly: aq_inner.aq_explicit or something like that if I remember directly.

        --jcc
--
"Building Websites with Plone"
http://plonebook.packtpub.com/