On 21 Jan 2006, at 13:02, Sune Christiansen wrote:

Hei All.

I have the following problem:
I am building up a ZCatalog and indexing my DTML methods. I use the index type ZCTextIndex and the object function PrincipiaSearchSource. It works
fine.
But when I try to index my Files (type File) with index type ZCTextIndex and the object function SearchableText it finds no words and the index is
empty. Am I using the wrong object function?

Zope File objects do not support indexing their textual content. You will need to implement your own text retrieval or use some of the other indices out there like Andreas Jung's TextIndexNG which come with suitable modules that can pull text out of various file formats.

jens