ok, they're not technically subdomains but full domains in their own right but served from a single server which has its own domain. Would a wild card work with that? Would the pop-ups still be present when a user enters the site?

On 1/24/06, Slobodan Jovcic <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Use a wildcard certificate, if all of your subdomains on the server
belong to a single domain.

> Hi
>
> I've got a few Plone sites set-up using Apache through Zope. The
> question is, I'd like to implement SSL on the site login etc, as
> it's not secure without this. There's also one site I'd like to
> serve completely over https. However. I'm told that you can't run
> SSL on virtual hosts and can only have once SSL site per IP address.
>
> What would be the way round this? I know I could set-up SSL on Zope
> only using the following documentation:
>
> http://www.zope.org/Members/Ioan/ZopeSSL
>
> but if I can't carry this through to Apache then I'd have to run
> Zope as the web server as well as the application server.
>
> Thanks
>
> Michael

Slobodan Jovcic
Teaching Enhancement Center
Office of Instructional Development, UCLA
(310) 794 2099