--On 28. Januar 2006 20:34:06 +0100 Dieter Maurer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Export/import is essentially what the ZODB does all the time.

If export/import does not work between given Zope versions, it is quite
likely that the same Zope versions will have difficulties with
storages exchange -- and this *IS* a migration issue, Zope should
be concerned with (and not the applications).

Possibly we are talking about different things. A most common mistake of
Zope especially Plone users is to think that export/import acts as a migration tool (export your Plone 2.0 site on system A and reimport it into a Plone 2.1 installation on system B). This does usually never work when the internal data structures have changes (you know that :-)). Supporting such migration support for Zope core was/is always a goal since we have the app (Zope) in our hands but we can not sell export/import as a universal migration tool. 3rd-party apps have to deal with that.

-aj