On 31 Jan 2006, at 14:59, Jake wrote:

I just spent a few minutes googling it and failed, but I thought I read on the Zope wiki that for higher trafic sites, it was better to have bigger
caches (50,000+) and fewer threads (2).

The term "high traffic site" doesn't mean a thing when it comes to threads or the cache (or in general). It's way too general. Determinations about cache sizes or thread numbers can only be made with specific requirements, (estimated) traffic data, hardware specifications and knowledge about the Zope application in hand, period.

Less threads and bigger caches only make sense when you are under memory pressure and (hopefully) your pages render fast enough so that less threads can still satisfy the rendering load.

jens